Monday, October 15, 2007

A page from my reporters notebook...

This weekend I had the pleasure of visiting Frederick Wine Cellars and speaking with one of the owners Emily Williams. I was there to interview her about one thing and ended up finding out a lot about wine in general.

She talked to me about being a newer vineyard owner (they have been open about a year now). We talked about harvesting the grapes and the actual process of winemaking. We also talked about how important wine labels are. Which I think will inspire my next blog post about how infuential wine labels are to buyers when picking out wine.

If you ever get chance to go to Frederick Wine Cellars I would highly reccomend it!

2 comments:

Megan L. Johnson said...

I really like this topic! I recently have decided I am in love with wine! I am excited to see what local places are best, so I can check them out. I would really like to see you post some upcoming winery events, like a wine tasting..this way I can make a visit!

Rachel said...

Good post Regan! I never knew that wine labels were so important but I'm really curious to find out why :)...good job!